Welcome to Manifest Bike

Friday, October 24, 2008

WY so Windy?


This is the text I got from him yesterday: All good but beat. Altitude and crosswinds. Eat sleep now. Will call Fri.

Poor thing. He's on his way to Cheyenne and it sits at over 7000 feet. The good news is that it's all downhill to Denver. Apparently the Wyoming wind is something of legend. Several of my coworkers have experienced the WY wind at one time or another.

I still want to plan a celebration for Ed, even though he's not into those kinds of gatherings. Maybe I should set up a virtual finish line or online video of him riding to collapse in our apartment parking lot.

What will probably happen? He'll show up at my office asking, "Hey - where do we live?" I'll give him a key and he'll go home to make dinner.

On Wednesday, I started a to-do list for him - top of the list is figuring out our polling place.
Meanwhile:


3 comments:

gigi-bats said...

Okay my guess -- October 28th 3 pm

Second guess - October 31 8am

I hope I win!

gigi-bats said...

Okay, after doing the math -- RasKal thinks I am high, so his official guess is Saturday 10/25 at 4 pm.

Leah Magid said...

I'm guessing that gigi-bats didn't take into account the fact that there is an OU game on Saturday at 11:30 in the A.M.

So, my guess is that he'll be home of a Sunday, round about 6:30.

And such.